Website Kansas Department of Commerce
This office is tasked with making sure that minority and women-owned businesses have the tools and resources available to grow and succeed in the Kansas economy. This includes enhancing awareness of such businesses and providing them with procurement and government contracting opportunities.
Job Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Directs, plans and supervises activities designed to assist minority-owned and women-owned businesses throughout the state. Implements an outreach plan to collaborate with external stakeholders to identify minority-and women-owned businesses (both certified and non-certified) in Kansas.
- Develops a registration process for listing companies in the directory and determines a strategy to connect these businesses to purchasing agents from federal, state, and local governments, as well as private corporations, nonprofits and other entities involved in the procurement of goods and services.
- Supervises and oversees staff of the Single Source Certification Program of the Office of Minority and Women Business Development in the certification of minority-owned and women-owned businesses to allow them to compete for contracts from entities that have goals for contracting with minority-and women-owned businesses.
- Coordinates and assists economic development organizations, chambers of commerce, small business development centers, certified development companies and other agencies in organizing small business seminars, conferences, educational forums and networking opportunities for minority-owned and women-owned businesses.
- Provides workshops and presentations related to certification for minority-and women-owned businesses.
- Consults with other division directors, federal, state and local agencies and other economic development agencies to coordinate activities to ensure success in providing support to minority-and women-owned businesses.
- Organizes the annual Minority Enterprise Development Week awards recognition program
- Evaluates legislative proposals that impact minority-and women-owned businesses and gives feedback through the Director of Legislative Affairs.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sok.ks.gov.